Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where are the masks?

Alright, as some have noticed, Xam and Power Dog aren't wearing the masks seen on the cover of the comic book. I’d love to go into some great explanation as to why they won’t be wearing them in the movie, but the truth is actually pretty lame. They don’t like wearing them! Actors! What can I say? They are a fickle bunch.

I know the first rule of directing is to direct, and not be pushed around by the actors, but I truly believe some battles just aren’t worth fighting. The actors already don't like wearing the costumes, but they understand the importance the costumes have to their characters.

I’ll also let you in on a little secret. The actors pretty much told me that they really can’t tell one another apart just by looking. They really need to sniff certain undisclosed places to get a real feel of who someone is so no real animal superhero would be caught wearing the things. That being said, I agreed to bend on the mask issue.

Now, if I find out they were abusing a commonly misunderstood perception we humans have in order to gain the upper hand then there will be serious consequences. Until then, I’ve decided to let the audience see their cute little faces and not hide them underneath the masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment