Saturday, August 1, 2009

Look, Up In The Sky!

Well, my new blue screen won’t be in until Monday. I decided to stop messing around with different fabrics and instead purchase an actual blue screen. So, since I didn't want to waste the weekend, I decided to work on some more video effects for the movie.

Below is a clip of the meteor approaching Earth. The meteor, of course, is what gives Max, Gibson, Willow and Thomas their powers. Surprisingly, this effect took a couple of hours. The problem was getting the background color in the pic to fade out without fading out the dark parts of the planet. I couldn’t use a green or blue background because, well, Earth is green and blue! In this case, I had to go to the other side of the color wheel, red, for it to work. Then I had to find the right shade of red and to my surprise, it was dark red.

Anyway, here’s the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment