Friday, September 10, 2010

Started Rigging T-Boom!

Hey guys!

Well, I said it would be a learning experience and I wasn't kidding.

I decided last week to scrap everything I've rigged on Power Dog and start over. That said, I didn't find a lot of rigging tutorials for dogs but I found a fantastic tutorial for rigging a person so, after a week of research, I've finally started rigging T-Boom today!

Rigging looks pretty funny when editing and positioning. Here is what it looks like (click on the image for a larger pic)...



As you can see, T-Boom has little yellow bones and the dots represent his joints. This took me about an hour to do and it has it's challenges but so far it is really moving along.

Next I have to assign what bones move what part of the body. I think that is going to go fairly quickly but I am completely exhausted and think I will stop here for the day. It's gonna be a pretty busy day tomorrow, but I'll try to work on it some more in the evening and hopefully I'll have something new to post then.

For now, I'm pretty excited and I can't wait to work on this some more.

As always, I'll post if there's anything new to report!

No comments:

Post a Comment