Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Quick Update on Yesterday!

Hey guys,

So, I was looking at the video from yesterday when I realized that Jimmy's left eyebrow seems to shrink when his head moves at the end of the clip.  This got past me when I was editing but it jumped out at me when I watched it on the blog.  You can look at the clip below to see what I mean.

Obviously, this won't work so I went back into the model and tried several fixes, none of which seemed to work.  The problem I was having was that his eyebrows were a separate mesh from his face.  I did it this way because it was quick and easier to get the shape I wanted without changing the shape of Jimmy's head too much.

As it turns out, by doing it this way I seemed to have made this model more complicated then what I was originally looking for.  Again, my plan is to practice animating a simple model, so I went back to the model and did what I should have done in the first place.  I removed his floating eyebrows and added ones that are part of his mesh.

The upside is it works beautifully.  The downside is that I don't think it looks as good.  Still, it looks alright and that really is the point of this side project so I need to let this go and do what works.

So, here is the clip with the less detailed eyebrows that don't float away or unwantingly changing shapes...


I think that looks alright.  Can I make this any better?  I believe I can, but that isn't the point.  This is just a side project to get used to animation so I'm not going to hold it to my usual standards.

Besides, I still have a lot to fix on Jimmy's armature.  My next test video, I want him walking and talking.

I'll keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment