Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Another Character Test!

Hey guys,

So, when I last left you, I had done a little test video for a character named Jimmy, who is going to be in a little side project video meant to give me some practice animating less complicated characters than Xam and Power Dog in an attempt to help me learn animation.

I'm still at it, and I've been working on a test for a character for this side project.  His name is Nathan and he is a ghost.  The test is another 10 second video that allows me to practice giving Nathan movement and lip syncing his dialogue.

I know, didn't I already practice that with the last test?  Yes, but Nathan, being a ghost, gave me an opportunity to test how I was going to make him look ghostly (or transparent) and therefore makes this a good test.

So, here is the Nathan test video.  Like the Jimmy test, this test is not Nathan's voice.  I needed a sound clip to set up the lip syncing and, once again, this comes from a pretty famous source.  Funnily enough, I've used this source (kinda) once before.  A while back I was testing my animation and I created a TARDIS (see Doctor Who for more information on a TARDIS) and now I'm using the Doctor himself.  We'll, the 10th Doctor, and this is a line from my absolute favorite episode, Blink.

Check it out...



So, pretty fun I think, and next I will do a character test for the third and final character, and old, crotchety fellow named Dr. Huffenagle.  He wears a trench coat and that is why I want to test him.

Stay tuned...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment