Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Putting the Finishing Touches on the Short!

Wow, it has been a while since I posted anything.

That said, I've been moving right along on the short and I plan on having it finished later today!

It's been an amazing time working on this project.  Looking back at the blog, I see I officially announced putting Xam and Power Dog on hold to work on this side project back on October 24th of last year!  Since today is February 20th that means my brief break to work on my animation skills has taken me 4 months to complete.  I have to admit, that is twice as long as I thought it would.

Putting that aside, it occurred to me that I never really expanded on this other world I am creating.  So, what is it?

Right now, the working title of the project is The Over World.  The more I worked on it the more I realized I would need to come up with a better name.  Who knows what I will call it if I ever decide to try and make it a feature film like Xam and Power Dog.

The Over World starts in the late 1880's when something happens to block the barrier separating the living from the dead and causing everyone who dies from that point forward to continue existing among the living in ghost form.

Moving forward to the 1950's, the world has gotten used to living with ghosts and it is as common as anything else.  Ghosts exist along side the living.  They work, play and go to school in perfect harmony.  

But old, eccentric millionaire Dr. Mortimer Huffenagle remembers what it was like before the ghosts came to live among us and has vowed to put things right, to return things back to the way of the natural world.  This doesn't sit well with two young friends, Jimmy, a human and Nathan, a ghost, who stumble upon Huffenagle right as he is putting his plan into action.  When the town chooses not to listen to the boys warnings, they decide they are the only people who can stop Huffenagle, no matter the cost.

The short will be around 5 minutes long and will come toward the end of the story.  Don't worry.  It doesn't really give a lot away but does allow you to meet the three main characters.

So, hang around.  I hope to be posting it some time later today.

See ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment