Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Xam Lip Sync and Major Character Update Revealed!

Hey guys,

So, I've been promising that a major character update will be revealed with the Xam lip sync test video and so this shall be the case.

And what is it? Well, let's have a look at the video first...



Alright, for those that have been frequenting the blog for the last many years, you may have picked up on the update.  For those still in the dark, the heroes will now be even more human-like as they will now be able to stand on two legs and use their front paws like hands.

This is a serious character update.  Up until now, the heroes have remained quadrupeds, but as I was working on the 3rd version of Max I decided to give them the ability to stand.  I think this will really help them seem special and help them stand out among the normal animals who never received super powers during the meteor shower. 

So, before the meteor shower they will still speak but they will only be able to talk to other animals. To humans, they will still bark or meow and walk on four legs.  After they get their powers, they will walk like humans and speak like humans. I'm not sure if they will lose their ability to speak to animals or not.  It seems like if something is gained then something should be lost but I'm still working that out and haven't completely decided.

And that is it for the moment. What's next?  I'm going to work on the Willow update and then move on to Gibson/Power Dog.

Of course, I will keep you updated.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment