Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Definitive Over World Clip!

Hey guys,

Got together with my brother over the weekend and showed him the Over World clip and I actually cringed.

Not that I don't like it.  It was just too long.  So much of the clip was redundant.  I don't know if I was trying to stretch the clip as long as I could or if I really just didn't notice that it needed further trimming.

Either way, I deiced to go Lucas one more time and re-cut the clip. What I ended up with was a clip that is just under 5 minutes and I feel it works better.

So, since it has changed up a little, I thought I'd put it on the blog just to explain the short delay in finishing my bridge...



Now, could this be better?  Of course.  Even watching it after editing it down I could see things I would like to change, but that's getting away from what the purpose of the project was.  I wanted to create simple characters, simple sets and a simple story all to see if I could pull off making a feature length Xam and Power Dog film and after this project I feel as though I can.

True.  Xam and Power Dog won't be Pixar or Dreamworks quality, but you've seen the character clips and it will be better than The Over World.  And since I think The Over World is decent enough to show people then I feel confident Xam and Power Dog will be just fine.

Anyway, back to building a bridge.

Talk to you all later!


No comments:

Post a Comment