Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Building The Solar System!

Hey guys,

I know, yesterday I said I'd be pretty busy and that updates may not be coming in as regularly, but I had some free time today and started working on building a model of our solar system.

Why?  Well, the opening credits follow the meteor that gives everyone their powers as it travels along it's path to Earth.  So, thinking this would be easy, I started working on it.

Although the process is easy, I spent most of the day researching how far apart the planets are and their size when compared to their moon.  Then I had to decide which moons to even make (Jupiter has 69 moons).  Then I started modeling.

Long story short, I ended up spending several hours on this.

Here's a quick pic!



This is a shot of the Earth as seen from the sun.  I think it's hilarious!  In the pic, you can clearly see the Earth and the Moon, along with Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.  Believe it or not, Uranus and Neptune are in this shot as well.  Heck, I know where they are and I still can't see them.  That's how far apart everything is!  You can see the planets that are easily visible with the naked eye (with the exception of Venus which is behind the camera) on a clear night and you can't see Uranus and Neptune, which I have never been able to see with the naked eye.  I love it! (and I hope that last sentence made sense)

Anyway.  Just a quick update.  Now back to work!

Later!


No comments:

Post a Comment