Thursday, June 4, 2009

Is There Anybody Out There?

Well, it’s been a very busy couple of days, but you wouldn’t know it when viewing the progress from the outside. So, what’s been going on you ask?

I’ve been working very hard on writing, and not just on the script! One thing that all good movies need is a theme song that makes you want to jump out of your seat after hearing the first few bars of music. You know what I’m talking about. That feeling you got when you first heard John Williams music as Superman’s shield came flying past the screen. Or the first time you heard John Williams horns blare into the theater moments after reading, “a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…”. Or the first time you heard John Williams music when Indy jumped that pit after throwing Alfred Molino the idle!

Beginning to see a pattern? I don’t think I’m going to be able to get John Williams on such short notice, or ever, for that matter. Heck, I’d settle for Danny Elfman. His Batman score was so fantastic I used it in my little slide show Xam and Power Dog trailer (posted May 19th).

But, you get the idea. Great movies have great, big, original soundtracks. I’m nowhere near the caliber of the award winning artists mentioned above. I don’t have access to the London Symphony. What I have is a little music making software that can get me as close to the London Symphony as I will ever get.

One thing I’ve noticed, however, is that writing a piece of symphony music is hard! How the heck was Mozart writing these things before he even kissed a girl? Well, perhaps he was writing these things because he wasn’t out kissing girls. I guess that’s not the point. Writing these things is hard! And it’s going to take me some time. I’ve even stopped working on the script in order to write the two minute piece of music. It’s my hope that the finished piece will inspire me even more to bang out the new script. I’m crossing my fingers.

Oh, one more thing happened this week. I got the new T-Boom shirt I ordered (yes, the one in the Meet T-Boom posting on May 21st is photoshoped). It looks fantastic and I can’t wait to start filming. Here is a pic of the shirt, along with two other shirts I ordered several months ago. Comic book geeks. What can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment