Wednesday, July 21, 2010

May Have to Start Over on Rocky Model!

Hey guys,

Well, it's been a couple of days since I posted and that is because I seem to have hit a serious snag with the Rocky model.

After a couple of days of everything going great it seems something has happened to corrupt both the primary and backup models of the Rocky character. I am completely caught off guard.

I've had models corrupt before. The first time it happened it was with the Power Dog model. I learned then to keep backup copies. Since then, I've had the occasional problem but my backup copy always pulled my butt out of the fire. For the first time ever, both my files have something wrong with them!

I'm trying to salvage what I can but so far it isn't going well. I'll spend another day messing with the salvage attempt and if the model is still not working then I'll have no choice but to start over.

To give you an idea of how complex these models are, I usually have to compress them and they're still around 4G in size. Right now, the Rocky models are over 10G and that's compressed! That is usually the first indicator that something is wrong.

So, like I said, I'll give it one more day before I start over.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment