Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rocky is "Finished"!

Well, I had a little time to work on the movie this evening and darned if I didn't get Rocky colored...





So, I now declare the Rocky model "finished"!

Of course, I put "finished" in quotes because I'm always tweaking the models a little here and there and because the only model that is rigged is the Power Dog model so really, none of the models are truly finished.

In case I haven't mentioned it before, "rigging" is basically giving the models bones so I can move and position them in various poses. It is essentially the thing that gives them life and movement and it is going to take me a while to figure that out.

So, what's next? Well, I need to experiment with the rigging of the models and see what I can do with them. It is what I was working on with Power Dog before I decided to take a break and make the rest of the models. Now I have the models done so it's back to where I was a couple of months ago...working on the animation of the characters.

Once I get that done I'll be able to work on the backgrounds. Once I get the hang of merging the backgrounds with the models then it will finally be time to start making the movie.

I still have a long way to go before that day arrives. As always, I will keep you posted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment