Wednesday, March 6, 2013

What's Going On?

Hey guys,

Wow, it's been a few days since my last post.

Not to worry.  I've been working on all kinds of things movie related.

First, been looking at my characters.  I have to admit, completing my 5 minute short has me completely re-thinking my models for Xam and Power Dog.  The main thing is the use of hair particles verses modeling the hair.  The truth with using particles for hair is that it makes the file so large and makes render times so long.  But, Max (Xam), Gibson (Power Dog), Willow and Jacko are all animals and I'm not sure how that will affect their design.  I got some serious thinking to do there.

The other thing I've been playing with is setting up a server to handle renders.  Some would call this a server farm, which I suppose it is, but to me, server farms are multiple servers; at least more than one!  This, as odd as it sounds considering what I do for a living, was not terribly quick to install and I still don't have it completely figured yet but I'm working on it whenever I can.  Setting up the sever, however, has taken away from my time thinking about the movie.

So, a couple of things are up in the air at the moment.

I'll keep you as up to date as much as I can.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment