Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Still Building Sets Very, Very Slowly!

Well, I wish I can say I'm moving forward with great speed on the sets but the truth is I am not. In my wildest dreams I never thought I'd spend more time on building the sets than figuring out the special effects for this movie.

And yet, here I am still building sets. The warehouse set was getting so big it was slowing my computer down to an absolute crawl. Then I got the idea of building an outside set and and inside set. That actually cut the file size by two-thirds, which is quite a lot!

So, now I'm working on the inside of the warehouse and then will work on the outside. It's still a slow process but I finally think I'm on the right track.

I also found a pretty good rendering software called iRender. It hit the budget pretty good, but I think it's worth it. As you can see below, it does a pretty good job.

The first picture is a picture of the alley. By the time I get done lighting it I think it will look pretty realistic. The blue background is where I'll add some buildings later on.


The second picture is a picture of the Brooklyn Bridge. I didn't build this model and after trying to build my own my hat is off to the person that made this one. I hope to one day have the patience and ability to do such a detailed model.


So, as you can see, I am moving forward. I wish I could say I'll be done soon but I still have a couple of sets to build after the warehouse. One thing I think I can safely say is that once I have all the sets built I will be ready to start filming the movie.

I am really looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment