Monday, November 9, 2009

Still Working on Sets!

Wow! This set building is taking almost as long as it would to literally build the freaking sets! Then, to slow things down even more, I can't find a decent rendering software that doesn't cost and arm and a leg. The rendering software is what would take my backdrops from Sketchup model to photo realistic image. So, lately, I feel as though I am at a dead crawl instead of moving forward.

That said, I have been working my butt of these last few weeks. I believe I finished the alley set. I say "believe" because I've learned not to declare victory on the backdrop department until I now for a fact I am good to go and like I said, I still haven't found a rendering software.

So, what is taking so long? It's kind of a long story and I don't want to bore anyone with the details so I will try to sum it up. The alley only took me about 4 hours to construct because it was only an external set. So, much like a real Hollywood set, I only had to decorate the exterior of the buildings. If you were to walk inside, you would see nothing but thin walls and empty space.
The set that has been taking up so much of my time is the warehouse. Now, I know you haven't seen the script (and I won't post it out here until the movie is finished) but a lot happens at that warehouse. Xam, Power Dog and Willow all have scenes outside and inside the warehouse. That means that I can't just create an exterior set like the alley (which would have taken several hours just doing that). I also have to create the interior and doing both is taking me forever! There are a lot of windows in a warehouse!

Anyway, since the warehouse is only 50% done I will not show any of those pics yet. I will, however, give you a glimpse of the un-rendered alley. Like I said, these are not rendered images. They do not look photo realistic and baring some unforeseen event where I can't acquire rendering software these look nothing like what I hope the finished product will look like. Still, I don't want you to think I haven't been working hard these last couple of weeks, so...

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment