Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Test Pic!

Hey guys,

So, I've been plugging away at my short film.  Basically, what I've spent the last week doing is putting the finishing touches on the characters, building a few extra props and bringing it all together into one scene.

For the short, there are two scenes with most of the filming occurring on the valley floor next to an old, watering well.  So, basically, I wanted to set up a test image that incorporates all aspects of filming in order to test the lighting.

Here is what I got...


As you can see, the action is taking place on the valley floor next to the well.  Dr. Huffenagle has a couple pieces of his equipment and Jimmy and Nathan have "sneaked" their way to the well where the good doctor has discovered them.

This image will not actually be in the short. It really was setup just to test the lighting, which by the way, is done just like a real movie set.  It took four separate lights to get this shot, a moon light, a spot on the characters, a spot on the house in the background and a spot in the well to produce the red light which comes out of the well itself and ties directly into the story (even though it's not really explained in this scene).

So, basically, I think I'm pretty much ready to go.  I'm sure I'll have some more tweaks that I need to do but I feel confident enough to say I'm ready to start animating.

Of course, I say that while knowing I need to record the dialogue for the film first and, to tell the truth, I have no idea how I'm going to do that just yet.  But, I can't animate without at least knowing the timing of the dialogue.

OK.  That's really only true during the parts where the characters speak.  There are parts of the film where there is action without dialogue.  I suppose if I run into trouble recording dialogue I could always animate the non speaking parts.

I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment