Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Got The Script Done For The Side Project!

Hey guys,

Well, I banged out the script for my little side project yesterday. I was originally shooting for a 10 minutes scene but as I sat down to write it I thought 10 minutes was probably a little excessive. 

This little project is meant to give me some experience animating less complicated characters than Xam and Power Dog.  I designed the characters easily enough but then got bogged down in rigging them for animation.  That was frustrating but it taught me techniques I hadn't considered for Xam and Power Dog and now I think I will be able to model them better!

Still, I originally thought I would only spend a couple of months on this side project and I'm probably at around four or five weeks working on it.  I really only consider myself 1/3 of the way through so that is going to push my time frame for this project back quite a ways.  I know, big shock.

So, in the interest of moving along, I decided that I needed to shorten my movie short and writing a 5 minute scene seemed to make more sense than writing a 10 minute scene.  Less script means less animation which means less time to complete this project.  :)

As is, however, and this is seemingly always the case with me, the things I have mapped out in my head turn out a little different on paper.  I think it's because, for me, writing it out helps me focus what I'm thinking. 

The trouble is, as it was with Xam and Power Dog, once it's on paper you realize all the other little things you need to do.  In the case of the side project, I have a few more props I need to build.

The good news is that props are static!  I don't have to rig them!  Well, in this case I don't have to rig them since they don't have any moving parts.  OK.  That's not entirely true.  One of the props has moving parts.  Shoot.  It's alright.  It shouldn't be complicated.  Ugh.  Famous last words.

Alright then.  I need to build a few new props and rig one just a little bit.

I'll let you know how that goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment