Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gibson and Gibson 2 Comparison!

Hey Guys,

Well, I've tinkered with the new Gibson model a little more. I adjusted his color and made his tongue a little wider. I think I'm finished!

As with Thomas and T-Boom, here is a comparison pic...


As you can see, the updates are pretty significant. The updated Gibson has a bigger head and nose. His coloration is closer to the real Gibson (Gibby in real life is getting some gray in his fur) and his details are better in his eyes, mouth, nose and nails. Heck, the old Gibson model didn't even have nails.

Again, the lighting is better on updated Gibson because I'm better at lighting (I hope).

As much as I enjoyed the old Gibson model I really like this new one. He's a little more "cartoony" but more realistic in the way his eyelids and mouth are connected. Before, I cheated by using separate spheres to create those features where in the new model they are modeled directly to the mesh. Plus, this updated Gibson has more of a reluctant hero look about him which is certainly in line with his character.

All in all, I'm very happy with updated Gibson.

So, now on to Power Dog. I'll post pics when I'm close to done.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment