Thursday, September 29, 2011

Xam 2 Finished!

Alright guys!

The updated Xam model is finished.

Take a look...


So, what is different? Well, let's compare...



Of course, you have the same differences between the old and updated Max models. As far as Xam goes, I was able to fix something that absolutely bothered me about old Xam, his cowl.

If you look at the old model, his cowl cut across his face, took a dramatic 90 degree turn up and then turned another 90 degrees to wrap around his head. This was done because I built his old cowl from his models head. It was literally a part of the models head. On the updated model, his cowl is completely separate (as is Power Dog's mask). This allowed me to shape it as I originally meant it to be shaped.

I also gave updated Xam a wider collar, belt and cuffs. They were way to small on his old costume which gave it an odd look.

So, like the Max model, I was never happy with the old Xam model. Truthfully, old Xam was never really very good. I know I started rebuilding the old models with Thomas/T-Boom and Gibson/Power Dog but those old models, although needing an update, were pretty good early attempts at modeling. Max/Xam, however, were simply never good enough for the star of the movie. I am so glad I decided to re-work these old models because I absolutely love updated Max/Xam!

Now it's on to Willow. She will go a little quicker because Willow doesn't have a superhero identity.

I will let you know how that goes.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment